Friday, June 13, 2014

Adam Lardner has sent you a message

Don't want invites from GoFundMe? You can unsubscribe here.
Dear Halifax,
Adam would like you to support "Help me become a legitimate blogger!"

Will you show your support?
Yes! Take me to this page >>



Adam says...
I'm on my way to a fantastic adventure in fatherhood. As a result of this, I have to leave my home city of Halifax, leave my job, and leave my friends and family behind to head off to Winnipeg to be with my girlfriend's family for the first year or two. Every girl wants (or needs) to be near her own mother when something this major happens.

My plan now, however, is to write a blog (already begun at www.tobeadad.ca) and create an online community for parents and parents-to-be to share, explore, and learn together. 

The reason I'm asking for your support? 

I want to make this blog and website my living going forward! The plan is to write daily posts about my experiences as a father, while spending a maximum amount of time at home with my girlfriend and child.

I need to monetize the website, clearly, and buy ad space on other sites and print ads to drive traffic in. To do this costs a bit of money, plus I'm in the midst of a move across this vast country of ours without a job locked down. I have some interviews in the service industry set up when I arrive, but am treating this as an opportunity to make this leap. I fully intend to do all design work myself, thereby eliminating the need to outsource that task (saving time and money).

Why do I want to do this?

Jim Carrey might have said it best during his commencement address (available on Youtube). I want to do what I love. Plain and simple. If I fail, at least I go down trying to make the dream happen.

What will the money be used for?

I'm going to use it to buy ad space on other websites, social media sites, and blogs that will drive traffic to my site, creating better statistics and more readers, which will make the site more attractive to potential advertisers for me.

It may also be used, depending on how long this takes to kick off, to pay the basic bills (rent, power, heat, etc) that may need paying while I chase this amazing dream.

What will the money NOT be used for?

Actual baby products. I have some savings that I will be using to buy baby items like diapers, clothes, etc. I don't expect the internet to pay for me to have a child. I'm asking you to help me become the blogger and online community member (or leader) I'd love to be.

This is about my dream, not my child (although I'm VERY excited about both!)

HOW TO HELP?!

There are MANY ways. Any one of the following (or more than one, if you can):

1. Donate here!
2. Share this GoFundMe page.
3. Become a reader and community member of www.tobeadad.ca
4. Share any articles/stories on the site you see and like!
5. Share the TBAD Facebook page (www.facebook.com/tobeadad)
6. Bookmakr, vistit, and comment on the site often.
7. Any other sharing you can think of! Continue Reading >>

What is GoFundMe?
GoFundMe is a personal fundraising website that has helped thousands of people raise millions of dollars for the things that matter to them most.





Sent from GoFundMe's Headquarters in California

PO BOX 711798 San Diego, CA 92171

Don't want emails from GoFundMe?

We're sorry. You can unsubscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment